- Activyl Cat Over 4kg Dark BlueFrom $68.32 - $134.62
- Activyl Kitten and Cat Up To 4kg OrangeFrom $12.60 - $129.76
- Advantage Cat Large Over 4kg PurpleFrom $16.05 - $132.51
- Advantage Kitten & Cat Small Up To 4kg OrangeFrom $15.49 - $127.62
- Advocate Kitten & Cat Small Up To 4kg OrangeFrom $17.17 - $158.39
- Bravecto Plus Cat 2.8-6.25kg BlueFrom $26.90 - $107.61
- Bravecto Plus Cat 6.25-12.5kg PurpleFrom $26.90 - $107.61
- Comfortis Chewable Tablets Cat Very Small 1.4kg - 2.7Kg PinkFrom $44.17 - $88.34
- Comfortis Chewable Tablets Dog & Cat Small OrangeFrom $85.41 - $168.28
- Comfortis Chewable Tablets Dog & Cat Very Small PinkFrom $80.30 - $158.22
- Fido's Fre-Itch Rinse ConcentrateFrom $12.32 - $181.61
- Fleatrol Plus SprayFrom $14.71 - $26.73
- Frontline Plus for CatsFrom $35.45 - $119.22
- Frontline SprayFrom $33.15 - $108.47
- Inca Malaban Wash Flea TreatmentFrom $23.83 - $159.65
- Maldison 50 Fly & Mosquito Control ConcentrateFrom $27.96 - $46.43
- Moxiclear For Cats More Than 4kg OrangeFrom $28.57 - $47.67
- Moxiclear For Kittens & Small Cats Less Than 4kg PurpleFrom $26.73 - $44.54
- Pestene Insect Powder 500g$21.01
- Seresto for Kittens and Cats$45.84
Flea and Tick Treatments for Cats Online
Fleas are the most common external parasites for cats. Even indoor cats are vulnerable, especially if there is a dog in the house. Dogs carry fleas indoors where they breed and grow until they’re in the carpet, your upholstery, and your cat. The parasites live between 7 and 14 days, alternating between feeding on your cat and looking for places to lay eggs.
Dogs aren’t the only ones who carry fleas indoors. They can get on your clothes and shoes while you’re outdoors and come inside with you. Your cat can even come into contact with fleas at the vet’s office or anywhere there are other infected dogs and cats.
For outdoor cats, you not only need to give your pet the best flea and tick treatment in Australia; you need to treat the outdoor area where your cat stays and plays. And for every flea your cat is scratching, there might be hundreds more in your home. Once fleas take over your home, getting rid of them is even harder.
How to Spot Fleas on Your Cat
Persistent scratching is one of the most obvious signs your cat has fleas. But you should know what to look for in case it’s something else like allergies. Use a comb to separate your cat’s fur and look for tiny dark specs. These specs might be the fleas or bits of flea dirt.
As annoying as fleas are, it’s the threat to your cat’s discomfort and health that make keeping them away so important. Some flea bites lead to allergies and others act as hosts of other parasites like tapeworms. Large flea infestations can also lead to anaemia, a life threatening condition in cats.
Like many issues in cats, the best method of controlling fleas is through prevention. Getting the best flea treatment for cats in Australia now could prevent serious health issues in your cat later on. Being vigilant in flea and tick control for cats can also protect you and your family.
At Vet Shop Australia, we make it more affordable to get the best flea & tick treatment in Australia. By offering you savings on all your purchases and on vet visits.
Flea bites are painful and dangerous. Choosing a lesser quality treatment instead of paying for the best flea and tick treatment for cats can end up costing you a lot more. It can also mean more pain and suffering for your cat when cheap treatments don’t work. Brushing up on your flea knowledge can be both beneficial for you, and your feline friend.
Tick Treatments for Cats
For many cat owners, fleas are only part of the problem. Ticks are an even more dangerous parasite that often occur during the same seasons as fleas. You can buy flea and tick treatment for cats to prevent the spread of both parasites.
Unlike fleas, ticks aren’t usually difficult to see. They attach to your cat’s skin where they feed on their blood. Most of the time, they’re around the cat’s head, neck, ears, or feet. They often feel like a little bump on their skin when you run your hand across them. The best tick treatment for cats is one that kills them if they attach. This helps prevent the spread of disease that occurs during their feeding.
The only way to get the best results is by using the best flea treatment for cats in Australia. At VetShopAustralia, we offer products from reputable brands at a lower cost. That means you get the best type of protection for your cat without the expense. That makes it affordable and convenient to keep flea and tick treatment for cats on hand.
Be prepared for warm weather and the parasites that come with it! If you aren’t sure what you need, our experts are here to help. Contact us for any questions about our flea treatment products today.